The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program prepares students to enter the workforce as generalist practitioners, equipped to provide interprofessional, evidence-based, quality care through the roles of clinician, educator, researcher, administrator and consultant. Our program provides a welcoming, collaborative environment, which offers an integrative, team-taught curriculum bolstered by an emphasis on leadership, service and professional behaviors. In addition to being on-site at the DPT Program, interns will also visit other locations on campus including University Health Services (UHS), Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (CIPE), campus ergonomics, and UW Athletics.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors while participating in all experiences.
- Collaboratively prepare education material.
- Assist in laboratory courses as needed.
- Work alongside members of our DPT Class of 2024 and 2025 in a classroom setting.
- Brainstorm ideas for new outreach activities and possibly help create materials.
- Students will learn how to effectively communicate with a broad cross-section of faculty and staff members and university partners affiliated with the physical therapy profession
- Students may contribute to the creation of education materials for health professionals and PT students.
- Students will interact with a variety of physical therapists and partners across campus.
- Health science career cluster: therapeutic services, support services, biotechnology research and development, and health informatics