2022-2023 Student Employee of the Year
Nominations are now closed!
This year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison Student Employment team will host the fifth annual competition for Student Employee of the Year.
Each year, the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) hosts the competition for the Student Employee of the Year. This year the process will be a little different than past years. This years process will begin with campuses choosing one Student Employee of the Year winner for each of five categories (see categories below). From the winners of the five categories, one will then be selected to be submitted to NSEA for consideration.
The UW-Madison Student Employment Team will convene a selection committee from supervisors of students and other student-employment stakeholders across campus to choose the winners.
Scholarships will be awarded to the top Student Employee in each Category!
Deadline: November 8th, 2022
- Nominees must be a UW-Madison student in a Student Help or Graduate Assistant position at UW-Madison or at one of our Federal Work-Study partners.
- Please note if the winner of a category is a Graduate Assistant, per NSEA rules they will not be able to move on to the national competition.
- By February 2023, students must have been employed by their current employer for 6 months part-time or 3 months full-time.
- Students who are graduating in May 2023 will be eligible for the award and scholarship.
- Students who are graduating in December 2022 are eligible to be nominated but are ineligible for the scholarship since it is awarded in the Spring term.
- Students who have previously won a scholarship through the Student Employee of the Year competition will not be eligible for nomination.
- Information for the winner for each category will be released to campus for public recognition.
The five Student Employee of the Year categories that students can be nominated for are as follows:
- Critical Thinking
- Community Service
Nomination and Selection Process
Students must be nominated by their supervisor to be eligible for this award. Supervisors can nominate their student for one category or multiple categories. A separate nomination must be written for each category. Supervisors must submit their electronic nomination form(s) by the deadline, 11:59pm Tuesday, November 8th, 2022. No late applications will be accepted.
The winner of each Student Employee of the Year category will receive a $500 scholarship.
Winners of Student Employee of the Year Scholarships will be notified by January 2023.
Nominations for 2022-2023 are now closed.
Please contact Kristina Rittel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.