This is the hub for all information related to posting student-held positions which are not directly funded through UW-Madison, such as childcare positions or part-time jobs in the community. To post a non-UW position, click on the red button above, which will take you to the external Student Jobs Platform.
Cost per Posting
UW-Madison Affiliates – $5
This includes all users who are either emeritus or currently affiliated with UW-Madison. You must have an active wisc.edu email address, which will be verified. This would include all UW Faculty/Staff who may be posting a non-UW position.
Non-Profit – $8
This includes all users who are currently affiliated with, and posting a position for, a non-profit organization or local municipality. Some non-profits are eligible to become Federal Work-Study (FWS) partners, which post through a different platform. For more information about FWS eligibility, view this page.
Non-UW Affiliate – $15
This includes all users who are not directly affiliated with UW-Madison or a non-profit/local municipality. This would include posting an opportunity with a for-profit company.
Share Your Job with Thousands of Students
Get your jobs out in front of tens of thousands of students looking for part-time employment while pursuing their education.
Some employers may be eligible to partner with UW-Madison through the Federal Work-Study program. More information about program eligibility can be found here.
Employers looking to post full-time, permanent positions should visit the Career Services website to post to Handshake, UW-Madison’s platform for professional career opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What is the difference between UW and non-UW positions?
UW positions are those in which students receive a paycheck from UW-Madison. These positions are therefore directly affiliated with the University to fulfill important work across a wide spectrum of roles for the University. All UW positions should be posted by a Faculty or Staff member via the Post a UW Position, due to the unique approval processes and functionality included. There is no charge for posting a UW position.
Non-UW Positions are all those which a not directly funded by UW-Madison, but are looking for UW students to assist. These may be posted by UW Faculty or Staff, however, would be for work not offered directly through the University. This could include a faculty member hiring for a babysitter or a business on State Street hiring for an employee. There is a small charge for posting a non-UW position.
How do I know what payment option I qualify for?
Our team will review each posting to determine the appropriate cost, depending on the posters affiliation to UW. See the cost per posting eligibility on this page for more information.
Why was the format and/or language of my posting changed?
The Student Jobs team also reserves the right to modify any language on job postings that is deemed appropriate or to meet posting guidelines for consistency across the job site.
Why does the Student Jobs site charge a posting fee?
The Student Jobs site charges a nominal fee in order to continue to improve the user experience for both students and employers. This fee allows for us to continue facilitating student engagement with non-UW positions while supporting efforts to bolster student success at UW-Madison.
- All postings on the platform will remain visible to the public for a maximum of 30 days. This will be valid from the point that payment is submitted. You may have it visible for less than 30 days, if you wish.
- The Student Employment Team reserves the right to refuse to post positions at any time.
- The Student Employment Team also reserves the right to modify any language on job postings that is deemed inappropriate or to meet posting guidelines for consistency across the job site.
- The determination for your pricing eligibility will be based on your affiliation to UW-Madison. If you are a current student/faculty/staff of UW-Madison, then you should use your @wisc.edu email address to be eligible for the UW-Madison affiliate rate. Non-profit affiliation will be determined based on the organization and position being posted (unless being posted by a UW Affiliate, in which case the price would default to the UW Affiliate rate).
- Any UW-Madison affiliate (student/faculty/staff) may submit any positions under the affiliate rate. You must be an active student/faculty/staff in order to be eligible for this rate.
- Once your affiliation is determined by our team, the price will be set and you will be able to proceed with payment. No positions will be visible to the public until payment has been submitted. If you have a question regarding our determination of your pricing eligibility, please reach out to our team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An employer must alert the UW-Madison Student Employment Team via email (email@example.com) within 72 hours of payment being submitted to be considered for a refund. Payment is considered to be submitted once an employer receives a receipt of the payment. The UW-Madison Student Employment Team reserves the right to grant or deny any refund requests. Refunds will not be granted for employers who fail to alert the Student Employment Team via email within 72 hours of payment being submitted.