Nominations for 2020-2021 Are Now Closed
This year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison Student Employment team will host the third annual competition for a campus Student Employee of the Year.
Each year, the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) hosts the competition for the Student Employee of the Year. The process begins with campuses choosing a campus-level winner, who is then submitted to the regional association: in our case, this is the Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators (MASEA). MASEA then chooses a state-level winner for each of the fourteen member states, and then from there chooses a regional winner to submit to NSEA. (Please note the NSEA and MASEA Student Employee of the Year competitions are subject to change or may not occur due to COVID-19. Regardless, UW-Madison will still hold the campus Student Employee of the Year process).
The UW-Madison Student Employment Team will convene a selection committee from supervisors of students and other student-employment stakeholders across campus to choose the winner.
Deadline: November 20th, 2020
- Nominees must be a UW-Madison student in a Student Help or Graduate Assistant position at UW-Madison or at one of our Federal Work-Study partners.
- Please note if the First Place UW-Madison campus winner is a Graduate Assistant, per MASEA/NSEA rules they will not be able to move on to the state, regional, or national competition. In that case, the runner-up will be moved forward in their place.
- By February 2021, students must have been employed by their current employer for 6 months part-time or 3 months full-time.
- Students who are graduating in May 2021 will be eligible for the award and scholarship.
- Students who are graduating in December 2020 are eligible to be nominated but are ineligible for the scholarship since it is awarded in the Spring term.
- Students who have previously won a scholarship through the Student Employee of the Year competition will not be eligible.
- The top three student employees information will be released to campus for public recognition.
Students will be judged on the following criteria:
- Digital Technology
- Problem Solving
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Intercultural Fluency
- Career Management
Nomination and Selection Process
Students must be nominated by their supervisor to be eligible for this award. Supervisors must submit their Electronic Form nomination by the deadline, Friday, November 20th, 2020. No late applications will be accepted.
Winners of the Student Employee of the Year Scholarships will be notified by January 2021.
Please contact Kristina Rittel (email@example.com) or Devin Deegan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Nominations for Student Employee of the Year 2020-2021 are now closed. Thank you to all who nominated their outstanding students.