There are a huge variety of colleges and universities to choose from. Some are in cities, some are in small towns. Some are very large, some are much smaller. There are many things to consider when looking for the college that is the right fit for YOU.
Things to think about when you begin your search:
- Think about what would be a good fit for you based criteria like choice of majors, size, locations, cost, selectivity, student life, and other campus opportunities that may be important to you. The search sites will help your narrow your choices.
- Visit a campus. Many colleges offer virtual tours that you and your family can take from home.
- Take a look at Admissions sites to see what colleges are looking for. What can you be doing now to prepare?
- Familiarize your self with the admission application process so you are ready to go.
How you are going to pay for college is an important part of finding the college that is the right fit. There is money out there to help you go to college. The government, colleges, and, private organizations offer financial aid to help you pay for college.
On February 18, 2021 UW-Madison hosted an event for Personalized Pathways students that featured:
- “Planning for College” with Admissions Counselor Ashanti Rogers
- “Paying for College” with Financial Aid Advisor Joselyn Diaz-Valdes
- A Virtual Campus Tour with Campus and Visitor Relations Student Tour Guides